Pros And Cons Of Stone Dining Tables
Are you planning on getting a stone dining table for your home? Stone material has been used since the early ages for dining purposes. It is popular for its charm, timeless elegance and classic beauty. However, before you go ahead with the purchase, it is important to take into consideration its pros and cons. Stone material used in the making of dining tables includes those of marble, granite, Quartz, Natural stone, composite or cast stone, and more. Some of the stone materials are soft yet dense, which makes it vulnerable to scratches, breakage, stains, chips and damage. However, with the proper care and maintenance, stone dining tables can be used over the years and passed down from generation to generation.
Pros of stone dining tables:
- Stone materials like that of marble is a top choice in several homes and restaurants. The polished look gives it an elegant and classy look for dining. It complements and blends in with the rest of the home as well as with any Décor.
- With proper care, regular cleaning and consistent maintenance, stone dining tables can look new and restore it to its original form. It is known to withstand the test of time and outlast any other home furniture.
- Stone dining tables never go out of style. It is a must for every home if you are not looking to update your furniture every few years. The robust nature, strength and rigidity make it an unstoppable trend carried on through the years. It is an addition which every home must have that is worth the investment and free from replacements.
- Stone dining tables come in various shapes, designs, styles, sizes and forms. It is available in the market in a wide array of natural colours that gives your dining table a graceful and Classic look. These stone dining tables are suitable for any type of kitchen whether it is a modern, classic, antique, traditional or contemporary style that you choose. It also easily blends in with the interior decoration and furniture pieces of the home. Stone dining tables are one that compliments your home unlike any other.
- Care and maintenance can be carried out by oneself or with professional help. This gives it good results and extends the lifespan stone material dining table.
Cons of stone dining tables:
- When choosing stone dining tables, it is important to consider how you wish to put the table in use at your home. Whether it is to be used as a coffee table, a space to place your laptop, living room showpiece, or drawing table for your kids. No matter what the use may be, if a spill has happened, it has to be taken care of immediately.
- Stone dining tables require careful cleaning and maintenance with the proper cleaning liquids and Solutions as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- It is easily prone to scratches, scrapes and etches. Sealing to cover up the scratches will not restore it to its original form. There is a higher possibility of the highly polished surface to dull with the use of chemicals in household cleaners and liquids.